Skip to main content

Emma

I still dream about you

When dark nights come without a star
You slip into my mind, heedless of other fantasies
Because I loved you
And each unconscious torment is born of my own fallacies

We were young, we could've had it all
Our laughter chimed, our hearts were light
Because I loved you
And when you asked, I stayed through the night

It wasn't enough

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mortality

A teardrop to a summer storm Or more a truck stop to a driver I do not know which one I was My hope is that I'll be neither A petal on a dying rose Or its bush's prickly thorns Either evergreen and unwanted Or finite despite who mourns It's hard to see what's pencil And what is written in ink I know that I'm indelible Or at least that's what I think To depart and leave behind Naught but a ghost of joy and pain I'll work until I'm deadly sure Something of me will remain

I have no excuse, I was very depressed when I wrote this

I'm bleeding on the dance floor But the band keeps playing on And the dancers keep on twirling As their shoe soles turn crimson My blood type's AB positive              And I'm positively sure                         I wish the only blood that's spilling  Would be mine across this floor My eyes drift close, I'm failing           The band's melody begins to waver And the dancers dance more slowly    To this new melancholy flavour My lady beckons me closer                My cheek rests on the sticky floor    She's finally come to collect me          And set me free from this life's chore Yet my hea...

Insecurity

Would you consider it greedy To ache for all that brightness Missing that exquisite feeling The one of belonging and rightness It's strange to yearn for crowded rooms For so many lilts and tones But jarring is this silence now Greyness, evenings spent alone Spent are my limbs and lungs A rest from the fight is blessed Alas the lack of friends I made Leaves my heart put to the test And perhaps it's just a drama Withdrawal from my high of glee Now my soul is left unsatisfied It makes no sense to you, but me And no man is an island I've heard it said once or twice Before, not knowing any difference Now here a drowning vice But may I still cling on to hope That the door is still half open Some of you may remember me Have enjoyed the words we've spoken And mayhaps, tis the darkness Whispers words against new friends That perhaps what has been started It has yet to meet its ends