Skip to main content

Sudden Mysteries in the Mystery Tea House

This is the place I love the most as I lounge
On a dark leather seat, cup in one hand
Phone clutched in the other as we sit
Talking about nothing, enjoying the day

This is the place I shared with you
A quiet place, full of scents and sound
And now the buzz of the phone in my hand
Signalling words from the word on my arm

This is the place I feel most calm
Soothed, though stunned inside my soul
As you smile and chat to me, a table
Between me and you, but now a gaping chasm

This is the place you burned me inside
As we decided to leave, and I insisted
That I pay for mine and you for yours
You noticed my silence as we walked out the door

This is the place that still remains mine
And your cruel word linger only to remind
Whilst you have been tarnished, by saying things unkind
The Mystery Tea shop shall stay forever divine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have no excuse, I was very depressed when I wrote this

I'm bleeding on the dance floor But the band keeps playing on And the dancers keep on twirling As their shoe soles turn crimson My blood type's AB positive              And I'm positively sure                         I wish the only blood that's spilling  Would be mine across this floor My eyes drift close, I'm failing           The band's melody begins to waver And the dancers dance more slowly    To this new melancholy flavour My lady beckons me closer                My cheek rests on the sticky floor    She's finally come to collect me          And set me free from this life's chore Yet my hea...

Mortality

A teardrop to a summer storm Or more a truck stop to a driver I do not know which one I was My hope is that I'll be neither A petal on a dying rose Or its bush's prickly thorns Either evergreen and unwanted Or finite despite who mourns It's hard to see what's pencil And what is written in ink I know that I'm indelible Or at least that's what I think To depart and leave behind Naught but a ghost of joy and pain I'll work until I'm deadly sure Something of me will remain

Insecurity

Would you consider it greedy To ache for all that brightness Missing that exquisite feeling The one of belonging and rightness It's strange to yearn for crowded rooms For so many lilts and tones But jarring is this silence now Greyness, evenings spent alone Spent are my limbs and lungs A rest from the fight is blessed Alas the lack of friends I made Leaves my heart put to the test And perhaps it's just a drama Withdrawal from my high of glee Now my soul is left unsatisfied It makes no sense to you, but me And no man is an island I've heard it said once or twice Before, not knowing any difference Now here a drowning vice But may I still cling on to hope That the door is still half open Some of you may remember me Have enjoyed the words we've spoken And mayhaps, tis the darkness Whispers words against new friends That perhaps what has been started It has yet to meet its ends